Safety Reminders for School Arrival
With the winter weather/snow upon us, we want to list a few reminders to follow during arrival time. We know it is very busy out front with buses, parent drop off, and walkers. Our priority is to keep our students safe.
We met with two Hanover Park Police Officers yesterday to help clarify procedures for student arrival. Be aware that the police are periodically monitoring and ticketing vehicles that are not following the laws. Please follow these reminders:
- Only the big buses can drop off students in front of school on Cypress after 8:20.
- Make sure you stop when the buses have their stop signs out/on and the arms of the bus out.
- When parked, cars must be 20 ft. from a crosswalk, 30 ft. from any signage (stop signs, parking signs, etc.) and 15 ft. from fire hydrants.
- Cypress is one way west bound only from 8:00-4:00.
- There is no parking, standing or stopping on Cypress in the area between the east lot/by the crossing guard and the west lot beyond the cones. Not only is this help keep students safe, it keeps traffic moving.
- Do not have your child(ren) cross Cypress from the south side of the street in the area mentioned above. This is very unsafe due to the high volume of traffic.
- Use the crossing guard or go beyond the west parking lot to drop your students off.
- The weather makes it more congested out front so give yourself and your child(ren) extra time in the morning.
We know this is a challenging time in the morning especially with the snow, so we appreciate your help in making this safe for everyone.